Orkney Cruise Day Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made cruise day tour. If you only have one day to spend in Orkney we can create the perfect tour for you. We will collect you and drop you off alongside where your cruise ship docks at Hatston Pier. You can tailor a tour to any length of time the ship is docking for. We cater for everyone of all ages – families, couples, single travellers, small groups and corporate clients. Our tours and guide Paul Hudd are fully accredited by the Scottish Tourist Guides Association. We are also members of the Orkney Tourist Guides Association.
Orkney Exploration Highlights
Discover the enchanting beauty and rich history of Orkney through our diverse tour options. Each location on our itinerary offers a unique glimpse into the past and present of this captivating region. From ancient stone circles and Neolithic villages to wartime relics and stunning natural landscapes, there’s something for every history enthusiast and nature lover. Here are some of the highlights you can choose from for your Orkney adventure:
- Standing Stones of Stenness – Believed to be the oldest stone circle in the British Isles. Four of the original 12 stones remain, standing up to six metres high, focused on a large hearth in the centre.
- The Ring of Brodgar – An archaeological treasure in the magical landscape that is the Heart of Neolithic Orkney UNESCO World Heritage Site. One of the most photographed attractions in Orkney.
- Barnhouse Village – This Neolithic village sits in the heart of Neolithic Orkney and helps give great insight into life thousands of years ago.
- Ness of Brodgar – A live archaeological dig site where you can watch workers uncover seemingly endless secrets. Open two months in summer.
- Maeshowe – Enter one of the finest Neolithic buildings in north-west Europe, a masterpiece of ancient engineering.
- Skara Brae – This Neolithic village lies near the dramatic white beach of the Bay of Skaill. Uncovered by a storm in 1850, it presents a remarkable picture of Orkney life 5,000 years ago.
- Churchill Barriers – Born from a time of conflict but now serving as vital links between island communities, these remarkable structures are iconic Orkney landmarks.
- Italian Chapel – One of Orkney’s most-loved attractions, these two Nissen huts were transformed into a beautiful chapel by Italian prisoners of war captured in North Africa and transported to the island.
- St Magnus Cathedral – Known as the ‘Light in the North’, this stunning Romanesque cathedral is one of Orkney’s most iconic buildings.
- Yesnaby – This wild location offers stunning Atlantic views. Walk to the famous Yesnaby Castle sea stack and spot puffins along the way.
- Brough of Birsay – This tidal island’s causeway is uncovered at low tide, leading visitors to the remains of a Pictish and Norse settlement. It is also great for spotting puffins in spring and summer.
More about our Tours
Our luxury Mercedes Evito tour vehicle seats eight passengers. It is fully electric, so not only is it comfortable, it is quiet and environmentally friendly. It is fully licensed, has lots of luggage space and phone charging facilities.
We love sharing lots of useful and entertaining information about the sites, and as all our tours are private you will have your guide and our tour vehicle all to yourself.
Tours can be as active or relaxed as you like – we will work with you to create your perfect experience. We cater for everyone – families, couples, single travellers, small groups and corporate clients.
We make our own range of Orkney produce, so there are always lots of complimentary treats on board. Complimentary drinking water is always readily available.
”A perfect day!” We love your feedback. Read more in our latest reviews.
As all our tours are tailor made, prices are on request. All prices are for the vehicle and guide, and include pick-ups and drop-offs for up to eight passengers. Lunches and entrance fees are extra.
We use online payment methods and can accept payment from any credit card, PayPal, bank transfer and payment by phone.