Orkney Renewable Energy Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made Renewable Energy Tour. Whether it’s for one day or a whole week, we can create the perfect tour for you of the island’s most important renewable energy sites, travelling in our all-electric environmentally friendly Mercedes Evito. Creating your own tour means that you can mix and match the suggested locations, add nature walks, go wildlife spotting or even have a wild swim in the North Sea or Atlantic Ocean. Our tours and guide Paul Hudd are fully accredited by the Scottish Tourist Guides Association, and are members of the Orkney Tourist Guides Association.
- Stromness – A safe haven in Viking times, a whaling and herring fishing port, a base for divers and a ferry gateway to Scotland, the town’s maritime heritage is unparalleled and today is home to some of the pioneering renewable energy industry.
- Kirkwall – Hailing from the Norse ‘Kirkjuvagr’, meaning ‘church on the bay’, a Viking spirit still runs through the town, especially today with some of its pioneering renewable technology on display.
- Hatston – On first appearance this could be any UK industrial estate, but on closer inspection you will find Neolithic tombs, World War Two bunkers and modern renewable energy sources.
- RSPB Birsay Moors – Full of wild and windswept beauty, come during the summer to see hen harriers, short-eared owls and elegant Arctic skuas nesting. Also, a chance to get up close and personal with some of our renewable technology.
- Palace, Birsay – The most north-westerly point in Orkney gives you a chance to learn about many types of cutting-edge renewable technology.
More about our Tours
Our luxury Mercedes Evito tour vehicle seats eight passengers. It is fully electric, so not only is it comfortable, it is quiet and environmentally friendly. It is fully licensed, has lots of luggage space and phone charging facilities.
We love sharing lots of useful and entertaining information about the sites, and as all our tours are private you will have your guide and our tour vehicle all to yourself.
Tours can be as active or relaxed as you like – we will work with you to create your perfect experience. We cater for everyone – families, couples, single travellers, small groups and corporate clients.
We make our own range of Orkney produce, so there are always lots of complimentary treats on board. Complimentary drinking water is readily available.
”A perfect day!” We love your feedback. Read more in our latest reviews.
As all our tours are tailor made, prices are on request. All prices are for the vehicle and guide, and include pick-ups and drop-offs for up to eight passengers. Lunches and entrance fees are extra.
We use online payment methods and can accept payment from any credit card, PayPal, bank transfer and payment by phone.