Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made Neolithic Tour. Whether it’s for one day or a whole week, we can create the perfect tour for you and bring to life Orkney’s historic Neolithic sites. Creating your own tour means that you can mix and match the suggested locations, add nature walks, go wildlife spotting or even have a wild swim in the North Sea or Atlantic Ocean. Our tours and guide Paul Hudd are fully accredited by the Scottish Tourist Guides Association, and are members of the Orkney Tourist Guides Association.
- Standing Stones of Stenness – Believed to be the oldest stone circle in the British Isles. Four of the original 12 stones remain, standing up to six metres high, focused on a large hearth in the centre.
- The Ring of Brodgar – An archaeological treasure in the magical landscape that is the Heart of Neolithic Orkney UNESCO World Heritage Site. One of the most photographed attractions in Orkney.
- Barnhouse Village – This Neolithic village sits in the heart of Neolithic Orkney and helps give great insight into life thousands of years ago.
- Ness of Brodgar – A live archaeological dig site where you can watch workers uncover seemingly endless secrets. Open two months in summer.
- Maeshowe – Enter one of the finest Neolithic buildings in north-west Europe, a masterpiece of ancient engineering.
- Skara Brae – This Neolithic village lies near the dramatic white beach of the Bay of Skaill. Uncovered by a storm in 1850, it presents a remarkable picture of Orkney life 5,000 years ago.
More about our Tours
Our luxury Mercedes Evito tour vehicle seats eight passengers. It is fully electric, so not only is it comfortable, it is quiet and environmentally friendly. It is fully licensed, has lots of luggage space and phone charging facilities.
We love sharing lots of useful and entertaining information about the sites, and as all our tours are private you will have your guide and our tour vehicle all to yourself.
Tours can be as active or relaxed as you like – we will work with you to create your perfect experience. We cater for everyone – families, couples, single travellers, small groups and corporate clients.
We make our own range of Orkney produce, so there are always lots of complimentary treats on board. Complimentary drinking water is readily available.
”A perfect day!” We love your feedback. Read more in our latest reviews.
As all our tours are tailor made, prices are on request. All prices are for the vehicle and guide, and include pick-ups and drop-offs for up to eight passengers. Lunches and entrance fees are extra.
We use online payment methods and can accept payment from any credit card, PayPal, bank transfer and payment by phone.