Orkney Viking Tour
Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made Viking Tour. Whether it’s for one day or a whole week, we can create the perfect tour for you and bring to life Orkney’s historic Viking sites. Creating your own tour means that you can mix and match the suggested locations, add nature walks, go wildlife spotting or even have a wild swim in the North Sea or Atlantic Ocean. Our tours and guide Paul Hudd are fully accredited by the Scottish Tourist Guides Association, and are members of the Orkney Tourist Guides Association.
- Kirkwall – Officially a Royal Burgh since 1486, a Viking spirit still runs through the town, focused on the magnificent St Magnus Cathedral.
- St Magnus Cathedral – Known as the ‘Light in the North’, this stunning Romanesque cathedral is one of Orkney’s most iconic buildings.
- Scapa Flow – An area of water almost entirely surrounded by islands. Used extensively in both world wars, and today as an important resource.
- Brough of Deerness – A gentle walk in the East Mainland winds its way along the craggy coastline, offering beautiful views of the North Sea.
- Birsay – This parish, the Norse capital before Kirkwall, has been at the centre of some of the most important moments in Orcadian history.
- Brough of Birsay – This tidal island’s causeway is uncovered at low tide, leading visitors to the remains of a Pictish and Norse settlement. It is also great for spotting puffins in spring and summer.
More about our Tours
Our luxury Mercedes Evito tour vehicle seats eight passengers. It is fully electric, so not only is it comfortable, it is quiet and environmentally friendly. It is fully licensed, has lots of luggage space and phone charging facilities.
We love sharing lots of useful and entertaining information about the sites, and as all our tours are private you will have your guide and our tour vehicle all to yourself.
Tours can be as active or relaxed as you like – we will work with you to create your perfect experience. We cater for everyone – families, couples, single travellers, small groups and corporate clients.
We make our own range of Orkney produce, so there are always lots of complimentary treats on board. Complimentary drinking water is readily available.
”A perfect day!” We love your feedback. Read more in our latest reviews.
As all our tours are tailor made, prices are on request. All prices are for the vehicle and guide, and include pick-ups and drop-offs for up to eight passengers. Lunches and entrance fees are extra.
We use online payment methods and can accept payment from any credit card, PayPal, bank transfer and payment by phone.