Experience and savour the magic of Orkney with our tailor-made Wartime Tour. Whether it’s for one day or a whole week, we can create the perfect tour for you and bring to life some of Orkney’s most iconic wartime sites. Creating your own tour means that you can mix and match the suggested locations, add nature walks, go wildlife spotting or even have a wild swim in the North Sea or Atlantic Ocean. Our tours and guide Paul Hudd are fully accredited by the Scottish Tourist Guides Association, and are members of the Orkney Tourist Guides Association.
- Churchill Barriers & blockships – Born from a time of conflict but now serving as vital links between island communities, these remarkable structures are iconic Orkney landmarks.
- Italian Chapel – One of Orkney’s most-loved attractions, these two Nissen huts were transformed into a beautiful chapel by Italian prisoners of war captured in North Africa and transported to Orkney.
- Scapa Flow – An area of water almost entirely surrounded by islands, it was used extensively as a Royal Navy base in both world wars and still today as an important resource.
- HMS Royal Oak – Anchored at Scapa Flow in 1939, you will learn about the famous vessel’s fate and see where it rests today.
- Yesnaby – This wild location offers stunning Atlantic views. Walk to the famous Yesnaby Castle sea stack and spot puffins along the way.
More about our Tours
Our luxury Mercedes Evito tour vehicle seats eight passengers. It is fully electric, so not only is it comfortable, it is quiet and environmentally friendly. It is fully licensed, has lots of luggage space and phone charging facilities.
We love sharing lots of useful and entertaining information about the sites, and as all our tours are private you will have your guide and our tour vehicle all to yourself.
Tours can be as active or relaxed as you like – we will work with you to create your perfect experience. We cater for everyone – families, couples, single travellers, small groups and corporate clients.
We make our own range of Orkney produce, so there are always lots of complimentary treats on board. Complimentary drinking water is readily available.
”A perfect day!” We love your feedback. Read more in our latest reviews.
As all our tours are tailor made, prices are on request. All prices are for the vehicle and guide, and include pick-ups and drop-offs for up to eight passengers. Lunches and entrance fees are extra.
We use online payment methods and can accept payment from any credit card, PayPal, bank transfer and payment by phone.