Here’s your handy guide to restaurants and lunch options that could await you on your Orkney Islands tour. Should you wish to add it to your experience (additional fee), you can choose from either a JP Orkney Picnic-Style Lunch or dining out at a local eatery.
JP Orkney Picnic-Style Lunches
Picture yourself basking in Orkney’s peaceful outdoors, unfolding a thoughtful picnic-style lunch carefully prepared by the JP Orkney team.
We use environmentally friendly picnic boxes and cutlery.
Our menus revolve around the season’s freshest offerings, nurturing you with handcrafted sandwiches, freshly baked pastries, Orkney cheeses, local fruits, and a myriad of other treats that echo the unique elements of Orkney’s culinary landscape.
Typically, each picnic lunch box will include:
- Local Brown Roll of Scottish Beef with JP Orkney Rhubarb Chutney
- Vegetarian Option: Local Roll of Birsay Free Range Egg Mayo
- Lentil and Vegetable Soup
- Cheese Oatcakes
- Mini Cucumber & Vine Ripe Tomatoes
- Mini Orkney Cheddar & Onion Quiche or Mini Sausage Roll
- Either JP Orkney Brownie Stars, Fatty Cutties or Tiffin
- Tablet Selection to share
- An apple
- San Pellegrino-flavoured sparkling water
Orkney Lunch Restaurant Options
Should you choose to dine amidst the local community’s bustle, we’re excited to guide you to Orkney’s top local restaurants. Some example options are: Merkister Hotel, Sheila fleet Kirk & Gallery, Celina Rupps, Murray Arms and Deerness Distillery (opening soon!).